Sunday, April 1, 2018

Sanity Sunday - The Songs of Stephen Chalk

by Nomad

After the last post, consider this Sanity Sunday post a bit of a palate cleanser for the soul.

Chorister Stephen Chalk is a teenage Scottish soprano with an enchanting treble voice.
Since the age of six, he has performed at the renowned Paisley Abbey of the town of Paisley, Renfrewshire, west of Glasgow, in Scotland.
He explains:
"Singing makes me feel happier and uplifts my spirit. I want to share my music with other people and hopefully make them happy too."
He also adds:
"I am passionate about singing because it helps me express myself in ways I do not know very many others can." 
Here's a clip of Chalk singing "The Servant Song" written by Richard Gillard.


It's a simple but lovely song, I thought.     
               I will weep when you are weeping
               When you laugh, I'll laugh with you
               I will share your joy and sorrow
               Till we've seen this journey through.
Please note: even though it is a religious song, I wouldn't want anybody to think this blog is in any way proselytizing Christianity. (I would make a really lousy preacher.)
The sentiments in this song can be found in most faiths and secularist humanism. Being there for each other is simply an expression of our shared humanity.

In the next selection, Stephen, decked out in traditional garb,  sings a Scottish folk song, 'Wild Mountain Thyme.'


Chalk's digital album, Peace Be With You, is featured below.



Have a great Sunday.