Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sanity Sunday - The Music of Camera Obscura

by Nomad


The group, Camera Obscura, has been around for awhile. This  Scottish indie pop band from Glasgow was formed back in 1996. I have my own association with the group. Their songs offered me a good deal of comfort when I was exiled to New York City during a time of apprehension and anxiety.
But that's another story.

The band has shape-shifted somewhat over the years. It is currently comprised of Tracyanne Campbell (guitar, vocals), Kenny McKeeve ( guitar, vocals), Gavin Dunbar (bass), and Lee Thomson  (drums). If you would like to learn more about the group, click here.

In random order, here are some of my personal favorites.

Country Mile

Dory Previn

Tears for Affairs

Eighties Fan

And for your listening pleasure, here are two digital albums that you can buy and download, or just listen to for free.

Underachievers Please Try Harder

Let's Get Out Of This Country

Have a great Sunday, my friends.